Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Heart Vintage Photos

For some reason I love vintage photos, and I'm mildly obsessed with taking vintage looking pictures. I also love great clear, crisp pictures but there's just something cool about old-school photos. It's almost as if vintage photos feel more historic, and make every day things and events feel that way. I love my Hipstomatic on my iPhone, but it's tough frame exactly what you want with the lens and I never know what picture I'm going to get with it. I went on a search for free online photo editing software that would allow me to get some of the same vintage effects as Hipstomatic, with some of the better photos from my Nikon. There were two that caught my eye that I think I'll become a regular user of: Rollip.com, and Picnik.com. Rollip only allows for 4x6 photos, but has some very cool layers to add. Picnik allows for cropping and has some interesting camera lens layers. Both are great and totally free. I just found these sites and haven't had much time to play around with them, but for now here's a few photos of Bean using the software.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...