Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bargain of the Day - Elementary School Chairs

I love bargains. Something about the thrill of the chase or something like that. It's engrained in my genes, I remember watching my mom literally leap out of her car and run to hit tag sales in Dallas. I don't think I ever saw her push anyone over, but it got close. Which is why I was so happy today to find these two elementary school chairs at a yard sale. I love vintage chairs, and have wanted to find a few of these for a while. They're not cheap when you can find them (the cheapest I found on Etsy was $30 a chair), so I was super excited to find these for $3 each!! The red one will now officially be used for Bean's "thinking chair" which we'll use when she does something she needs to "think" about, aka something bad. My Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Pepmiller used this form of discipline and I clearly remember being in it almost on a daily basis back then. Come to think of it, why do I want these chairs in my house after that? Oh wait, because they were only $3 each, which is probably way cheaper than the school district paid back in 1980 when I was in Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...