Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Growing Up 80's

A few nights ago we were watching a TV show where a young kid asks his mom about taking pictures and she says something about film, and the kid says "film, what's film?" It struck me that the word film won't be used any more when talking about taking pictures and my daughter will never know it used that way. There is no film any more unless you want to go all vintage on it and spend tons of money printing out 36 pictures with 1-2 good ones a roll. It got me thinking about all the words and terms from my youth that Bean will never know, things and styles that were so big growing up in the 80's that never left the decade - some for good and some that I miss. Here's a few of those, I'll have to print these out in a book so that Bean can laugh at all the silly stuff that was out in the "old days" when I was a kid.

Remember 110 film???
This Atari video game seems ancient now
Banana clips - totally forgot about these thank God
The double cassette tape walkman/jambox/boombox, whatever you wanted to call it
 My personal favorite, the Caboodles box
 You Can't Do That on Television - green slime
 This was a bad, bad style, Z Cavaricci pants. So awful.
 Charm bracelets - I loved these!!
 Kids these days don't even know the quote "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." It's sad. Such a classic.
 At one point my whole life centered around having lots of these in my closet. I think I had 2 pairs and I was so jealous of people who had more. So ridiculous.
 Monchichi, Monchichi, oh so soft and cuddely!
 The TI Little Professor
 Smurf berry crunch is fun to eat, a smurfy, fruity breakfast treat, made by smurfs so happily....
 Everyone had one of these
 Remember this guy, Mr. Wizard?? He was on right after You Can't Do That on Television. He rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...