Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

My Kid Ate Broccoli!! And Other Things That Make Me Happy Today

Bean ate broccoli for the first time ever today, on her own, without me even asking. She tossed aside the organic chicken nuggets and smiley fries I had made for her and on her own asked for my broccoli. Granted she had to have it covered in spray butter which is probably full of chemicals that aren't so good for anyone. But hey, it's a step in the right direction. This makes me happy - first because she's a horribly picky eater and this development shows me that maybe, just maybe my eating healthy around her may help eventually, and second, my husband is an equally picky eater and I'm daydreaming about having someone else in the house who likes veggies so I don't waste half the veggies I buy!!

My daughter’s laugh and her backseat ramblings in car rides, as she has her dolls and stuffed animals talk to themselves. Their conversations are hilarious, this makes me happy.
The ENDLESS amount of new ideas out there. I could never, ever be bored. This makes me happy.
Tomato, fresh motz, and pesto sandwiches. I could eat these every day. This makes me happy.
Waking up with my entire family in my bed, including the cat, even if that means we all got no sleep that night. This makes me tired, but happy.
Doing “Salon de Mommy” with Bean, where we trim and paint finger and toenails pink. It’s fun being all girlie with her and it’s the best way to get her to agree to a nail trimming. This makes me happy!!
Being DONE DONE DONE with adoption paperwork, and now just being able to sit back, relax and enjoy our lives as a family of three while we wait. This makes me incredibly happy AND frees up lots and lots of time.
My new part time schedule that starts next month. I’m scared a little about this for our budget because it doesn’t totally work on paper, but SO excited to be a mommy for two full days a week. And we’ll just make it work! This makes me broke, but happy.
Cloudy, stormy days that end up sunny, like yesterday. This makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...