Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The New Nursery Inspiration - If "It's A Girl"

As I mentioned in my post last week about Bean's big girl room, I'm mildly obsessed with designing rooms these days. We have a living room to design, a new master bedroom, and a new nursery for when the next baby arrives. We obviously don't know if it'll be a boy or a girl so I don't want to do much until the arrival. But I can daydream at least. He/she will be taking over the bedroom that we currently use as our master bedroom, and we'll be moving downstairs to the bedroom on the first floor. Our current room is a light blue color, Seafoam from Restoration Hardware. I don't want to change it - the room is big and a total pain to paint. A blue room lends itself easily for boys, but maybe not quite so much for girls. Fortunately I think I've found my inspiration room for if we have a girl, thanks to Spearmint Baby. The colors are perfect and I won't have to paint the room again (yay!!!).


I also love this idea of frames with kids artwork also from Spearmint Baby. I think it would be fun to have Bean make a bunch of paintings for the new baby. We could make some now and some later and then she'll have had a part in the nursery decoration.

One other idea I found on Pinterest that matches these colors is this sweet little mobile, another thing that Bean and I could make together by finding some sticks and sewing some simple fabric hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...