Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Word of the Day: Thankful

Thankful is the word of the day for me. Today I am thankful for my morning commute, my picky toddler who has to be dragged to school, my office chair and desk, the blisters on my feet from walking from the train, and the long list of phone messages that I need to return today. Why am I thankful for all of these annoying daily things? Because yesterday Bean and I got stuck in a storm and came within inches of being smashed by an electrical pole. It was the craziest thing, this storm came out of nowhere and this pole was taken out within seconds. I keep going over and over in my mind the visual of seeing something so massive being ripped out of the ground right behind and over us, it seemed so surreal. I've never been so panicked as I was after that, it felt like we were in a tornado as the other poles and all the trees around swayed and looked like they could fall on us at any second. I felt like a sitting duck, a target, just waiting to be struck by the next falling object or by the lightening that was literally on top of us. I couldn't remain calm as they say to do with a baby in the car, it was just impossible, and I lost it. Poor Bean got scared and was screaming too, so I pulled into someone's driveway and jumped back with her, and just sat there hoping we didn't get hit. It was an eye opening experience, and it makes me so thankful that somehow we were spared, and none of those horrible scenarios I keep running in my mind happened. Thankful, that's all I have to say today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...