Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Photo of the Day: My Morning Savior

Today's photo of the day is my morning savior, Dunkin Donuts coffee and munchkins. I couldn't sleep last night at all. I haven't posted much lately because I've been using every second of free time to put together our adoption profile book and letters. I'm a bit of a perfectionist with creative things, so putting together the profile book is really difficult for me mostly because I want it to be perfect and I'll probably spend 40 hours on it over the next couple of weeks. I find it so hard to cull through our 4,000 family pictures to find 25-40 of the best ones that most accurately depict who we are as a couple and a family but in a subtle enough way. You have to "sell" yourself just enough but not too much. And with a second one you have to make sure to show that you have room in your life for another child. It is such an awkward thing to have to put together. I guess that's why I'm not in sales. After Emma's adoption I have complete respect for the process and I understand the need for the profile book and letters and in no way want to come across as not wanting to do them. I just can't help but be overwhelmed by the task, and it does bring up a little of the "this ain't the old fashioned way to parenthood" feelings that I used to have. Which is why I can't sleep much these days, and why I LOVE my Dunkin Donuts. But I promise to have a more creative post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...