Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Monday

I had a totally free day to myself today for the first time I think since Bean was born. She's visiting my husband's parents for the week since I'm traveling for work and my husband has house project #2975 part B to finish. I honestly can't remember the last time I had an entire day to myself. I'm so grateful to my mother and father-in-law for this gift!! It's funny though, I thought I'd want to sleep in and nap all day, and instead I found myself running around doing about a thousand things that I can never get done when Bean is around. I haven't stopped all day, I woke up ready to take on the world and napping seems like such a waste of time. I'm just so excited to get to do a few things that I never get to!! Here's what I've done so far in one action packed day!!
  • Drop husband off at train at 7am
  • Run 3 miles
  • Do 2 loads of laundry and 2 loads of Dryel
  • Pack for business trip
  • Clean basement playroom
  • Organize my closet and Bean's closet
  • Put away dishes and clean kitchen
  • Wash couch cushions and vacuum entire first floor
  • Organize living room bookshelf by color (I've been wanting to do this for ages!!!)
  • Weatherproof my leather boots for winter which I didn't get to do last year
  • Visit the mall and finally find an awesome pair of brown boots which I've been searching for all year
  • Finish Bean's desk for her big girl room, apply final coat of Poly finish
And next on the list, pick husband up from train and run to Home Depot to get all the supplies he needs for our closet renovation. Seriously, you can get a lot done in one day with no toddler around! I have to say though, it's really boring stuff. It's all the little things that you wish you could get done, but I much prefer chasing chickens at the farm or playing dress up, and then being so exhausted that you just have to nap. It's good to get all this stuff done and I'm so happy to have all of it out of my head, but I'm glad it's just for a day. Toddlering is way more fun. Speaking of fun, I'm really happy about this picture below which I took the other day. Bean is starting to draw, for real and not just a bunch of scribbles and lines on the page. I'm so excited, this is her very first flower ever. She did it all by herself and was so cautious about the circles and the line for the stem. It was amazing to see her draw something recognizable. She was very excited about it too and now she can't stop drawing. All of a sudden it clicked for her. Art time will be WAY more fun now!! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...