Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween has been Banned

We recently got a note from our daycare that said that a few families objected to Halloween, so they would be cancelling all Halloween activities. No more costume party, no more Halloween party. Instead they're doing a "Harvest Festival" with fall-like activities. I am so annoyed by this. And the more I think about it the more annoyed I get. I don't understand why a couple of families think they can come in and ruin it for everyone else. I think I'm going to say something to the director of the school, because I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Look, I understand that there are some negative things associated with Halloween. But kids don't know that unless you tell them and make an issue of it. I'm sad for the kids of these families for what they'll have to deal with, with a family like that. And sad for my own kids because it seems like we're headed to a place where they'll have to deal with more and more of it. What's become of this country? You can't even say Christmas without getting crap for it because you've offended someone. And now Halloween? Really? I don't understand the point of that. Creating an issue about something you don't like and causing an entire school to ban a holiday is not teaching kids how to embrace other beliefs is it? What do you think about this? Has this happened at your kid's school?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...