Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Inspiration - Vintage Children's Books

I've always been a big fan of children's book illustrations, I've always found them inspiring. I found this great blog Stopping Off Place via another one of my favorite sites Vintage for Kids. Stopping Off has scanned and shared images from hundreds of vintage children's books, including this one, Round and Round and Square, by Fredun Shapur. I love the simple use of shapes, and the simple story. What a great way for kids to learn that so many things are made up essentially of different circles, squares, rectangles, and triangles. I tried to find this book online but evidently other people like it too because it's nowhere to be found! Check out the blog for other great vintage books and their inspiring illustrations.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...