Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Birthday Trip to NYC - Wish List

This year we're planning on going to NYC for my birthday in December. We've done this several times in the last few years, and I love it. Even though it's always freezing in NYC for my birthday, it's still so much fun to bundle up and walk the city. It's over a month away now, but I'm already looking forward to it. This year on my wish list for that trip - I want to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. From one end to the other and back. It's a really long walk in the cold but so awesome even with frost on your nose!!  If we're feeling adventurous, I've never been to Brooklyn Bridge Park which is across the bridge on the Brooklyn side. It may be a little cold for it, but I've heard this park is amazing and worth a trip. Check out more here.
And then, after a couple glasses of wine and lunch at one of the thousands of amazing restaurants in NYC, I want to go see this exhibit at the New Museum. An indoor adult playground exhibit. Are you kidding me? That's awesome. I spend so much time at indoor kid playgrounds wishing I could jump on the bounce houses. Now's my chance!! I actually wanted to see this Carston Holler Experience exhibit in London at the Tate Modern in 2007, but we didn't get around to it. I hope I can make it this time. Check out more pics and info on A Cup of Jo blog. 

An indoor mirrored merry-go-round, where you swing slowly while listening to the sounds of live birds. 
 A giant slide, from the 4th floor to the 2nd floor. How cool is that?
 The end of the slide.
 Upside down glasses, so you walk around seeing everything upside down. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...