Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Are You Additive?

There's a person in my work life who has made many lives miserable. This person has been nothing but negative for everyone who works with or for him. When I think of him, I think "I am worse off for knowing him, he has taken from my life." For the last several years I have suffered under his leadership, and have lost sleep and probably years off the end of my life. That needs to change, and it will. Soon. Instead of leaving angry, I am going to leave on a good note. And I am going to make it my personal mission in life to be additive to the people I meet and the people I know in life. I may not be famous, or achieve all of the things in life that I wanted to when I was younger. And nobody is perfect. I can't be all things to all people all the time and I'll probably piss a few people off again during my life. But after my experience with this person, the one thing that I know I want to do is to be additive. I want the people I know in my lifetime to think "I am better for knowing her, she has added to my life" when they think of me. And not the other way around, like the person I've dealt with lately. That's the little contribution I want to make to the world, if nothing else. Think about it. Are you additive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...