Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

What We Did This Weekend - The New York Times

There wasn't anything special about this weekend. We didn't have any grand plans, and with the muggy hot weather we spent most of the weekend indoors. Saturday was a little rough. I've never been so tired in my life as I am now. Cookie isn't sleeping through the night yet, and Bean is going through another night waking phase. I think I'm averaging 4-5 hours of sleep a night between both of them waking up. The fatigue is constant, draining, and depressing. I felt like I had been hit by a truck on Saturday after a long night of baby wake-ups the night before. I barely had the energy to get off the couch. It was not a good day. I know I was not at my mommy best, and the kids both reacted in kind.

Sunday was totally different because I actually slept more than 5 hours. My husband took the night shift for the baby, and Bean only woke up once but then slept until the late hour of 8am. My mood was drastically different, and I think it was reflected in the way the kids acted. It was a good day, the polar opposite of the day before.

One of my favorite things to do on Sundays is to get the New York Times and spend an hour or so at the table reading, eating breakfast, chatting, and anything else we can fit onto our farm table. Bean is finally at an age where she will sit and draw for a while so we can read-a luxury I'm soaking in before Cookie starts moving. My husband gets out the checkbook or whatever paperwork we have to do, we put the Sunday Jazz Brunch on the radio, maybe dance a little, and hang out.  I love it. 

I don't know about you, but I LOVE the New York Times print edition. I'm all about iPads and new reading technology, but there's something great still about the NY Times. It's a paper I can read bit by bit all week long, and I always find articles I'm interested in. It's so much better than the ambulance chasing style of most local papers these days. One article I found last week was this one, about a woman's emotional struggle in trying to find her daughter's birthmother. 
I hope the print edition of the NY Times never goes away.

All things happen at the farm table
 Dancing to jazz brunch
 Bean's drawings on the pages I've read
 Swinging with the two kids - Cookie's first time on a swing

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...